PROSPECTIVE CHILDREN'S CORPS MEMBERS
Children’s Corps is seeking highly driven individuals from a broad range of personal and professional backgrounds who are committed to and passionate about making a difference in the lives and futures of children and families. No prior social work experience is necessary, but it can be valuable!
QUALITIES OF SUCCESSFUL MEMBERS
They are committed to supporting the well-being of the children and families they work with.
They are eager to build relationships with families and display nonjudgmental empathy and respect when working with them.
They are persistent in advocating for the families they work with, even in the most challenging of situations.
They know that every day is different and presents a new opportunity to learn from the families they work with and other professionals in the field.
You must have received your bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited college/university by the first day of Summer Training Academy in July.
Due to hiring restrictions of our partner agencies, Children’s Corps may only accept US citizens, nationals, legal permanent residents or people who have received Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). Children’s Corps members must be able to legally work in the US for two years.
You must have a cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 2.50 on a 4.00 scale when we receive your application.
Candidates are expected to submit to any and all background checks required by our partner agencies. This may include criminal records, drug tests, fingerprinting, and/or other related proceedings.
WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A MEMBER
Your experience encompasses:
- A minimum two-year commitment
- Day-to-day responsibilities as a caseworker at a partner agency
- Intensive pre-service training
- Unwavering support
- Continuous mentoring & professional development
As a Children’s Corps member, you have the opportunity to make a positive and lasting impact on the lives of countless children and families. You receive invaluable support from your own Children’s Corps cohort, other members, and alumni. This support enhances your ability to face the challenges on the frontlines of child welfare. Members also grow professionally and personally through your involvement with the Children’s Corps network.
Children’s Corps members are offered a rich experience in which to work, learn, and grow.
- Full time employment for two years.
- Starting salaries range from:
Undergraduate Degree – $34,000 to $42,000
Graduate Degree – $38,000 to $55,000 (MSW/MHC or related master’s degree)
- Comprehensive health insurance and retirement benefits.
- Professional and leadership development opportunities.
- Significant career experience and exploration.
- Tight knit and supportive network of professionals, peers, and alumni.
- Dynamic and comprehensive pre-service training and on-going support.
- A place to accomplish personal and professional goals
- Skill development as the next leaders in child welfare.